Monday, April 18, 2016

Learning by H.E.A.R.T. Challenge

I am always trying to do one thing a day to make myself a better person or just for my own well-being. This could be as simple as enjoying a mug of warm tea. Some days I will practice yoga - this is one of my favorite options but this semester has been too busy for me to get to do it often. And sometimes, I volunteer, which is always so fulfilling. You can even try the whole "pay it forward" idea where, for example, you could buy the person in line behind you at Starbuck's coffee and hopefully they will in turn do something nice for someone else. And even if they don't, at least you made someone else's day a little better. So when I ran across this image on Professor Laura Gibbs' Learning by HEART blog, I was very excited.


I just love everything about this picture: read books, limit television, stay close to friends and family, let your heart be your guide. And I am a HUGE advocate of exercise. I have to exercise or else I get so cranky - it's actually crazy what I big difference it makes in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment