Monday, April 18, 2016

Week 12: Famous Last Words

As it is called the Famous Last Words blog post, I thought it was only fitting to include a quote for thought. This is one of my favorites by Roald Dahl:

Source: Uplift My Mind

"If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." This is one of my favorite quotes because I truly believe that your thoughts dictate your actions and also those vibrations you give off, or your persona. It's the theory of mind over matter. Furthermore, some people believe that by manifesting your dreams or goals they are more likely to become your reality. Manifestation may not be for everyone. To be honest, I find it very difficult. But, it makes sense that if you really dwell on an aspiration, it is more likely to become a reality. That is not to say you can just sit around thinking about this goal you want to reach but if this goal is at the front of your mind as you go about your daily tasks, it shouldn't be surprising that you are more likely to prioritize with that end goal in mind.

I think I believe in this idea that your thoughts can change your reality so much because of the book that I read called Switch on Your Brain by Dr. Caroline Leaf. I talked about this book in both my first Growth Mindset blog post as well as in my Deserted Island Books Learning Challenge post. It is an easy read and Dr. Leaf provides such revolutionary ideas supported by research that I would recommend it to just about anyone. The book proposes the idea that positive thinking leads to growth, while negative thinking hinders growth, and I couldn't agree more! This isn't to say that I am positive 100% of the time but I do try to think positively and catch myself when I start to have negative thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment