Sunday, May 1, 2016

Growth Mindset: Biology

For the last week of growth mindset, I decided to read an interesting article called The Biology of Positive Habits by Leah Shafer and Iman Rastegari. ONCE AGAIN, I came across more evidence that your brain can be rewired!! I keep seeing this idea but I don't understand why more people don't realize this. Everyone thinks that they are a certain way and that's it but we can become whatever we want - science says so! You can train your brain to be more positive and here are some ways that the article highlights:

  1. savor the moment
  2. look for beauty in the smallest things
  3. see the best in others
  4. exercise
  5. be mindful
Even if you aren't necessarily trying to "change your brain," I think these are good habits for everyone to get into!

Positivity. Source: The Chatham Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment