Sunday, May 1, 2016

Reading Evaluation

* What readings did you like best?
I appreciated the more structured reading style at the beginning of the semester where we had assignments. I also really enjoyed the 7 Secrets of Hindu Calendar Art videos. I think they should be a requirement for everyone taking this class because I learned so much about them! I also was very thankful for Dr. Laura Gibbs' reading recommendations based on our own interests - it was nice to have a class tailored to individuals. 

* What reading diary strategies were most effective for you?
Just utilizing the reading diary in general was extremely helpful for me! By writing out my thoughts, I was able to see connections between different stories and really analyze them as well as find patterns in things that stick out to me and that I found interesting! Had I just been merely reading, I know that I would not have gotten so much out of this literature. 

* What did you think of the overall balance between reading - writing - commenting in the class assignments?
There was a LOT of writing in this class, and although it was time consuming, I believe that I have grown as a writer thanks to the course Epics of India. 

* As you look back from the end of the semester, what advice about the reading do you have for students who will be getting started next semester? 
Advice I would give students next semester is to just enjoy the readings. Sometimes it is hard to really grasp them, but before you know it, you have learned so much about a really complex culture!

No comments:

Post a Comment